Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: April's Fools a day early?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    April's Fools a day early?

    Was just reading the Times News online and saw this article. Haven't been to Kingsport for a couple months. This is a hoax isn't it?

    http://www.timesnews.net/article.dna?_StoryID=4141412

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: April's Fools a day early?

    Yep. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [ QUOTE ]
    Loof Lirpa, spokesman for the Brotherhood of Ornithology Groups of the United States (BOGUS), said ultrasonic whistles attached to the tips of the blades will warn birds away from at least two miles, and should only be audible to babies under the age of two years.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    April Fool(s) spelled backwards. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    I remember once they had something like that about a Loch-Ness-like creature, and they said Dr. Lirf Loopa, and it actually took me FOREVER to even figure that out.. and I really felt like an ignoramus afterwards!
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: April's Fools a day early?

    That's actually a fairly poor photoshop job.

    In addition, those would have to be the biggest wind turbines I have ever seen (in this country and overseas both)!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: April's Fools a day early?

    [ QUOTE ]
    That's actually a fairly poor photoshop job.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, you can pretty much tell the lighting doesn't match.. I noticed that as well. The turbines are too bright.. darken those suckers and they'd probably fit in better! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    I can't say much though.. I'm not exactly a Photoshop pro myself. I have the program (torrents *cough cough*) but I'm very inexperienced with it for the most part. I need to take the time to actually use it more often..
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: April's Fools a day early?

    The first two of what will be hundreds of 300-foot wind turbines stretching from Canada to northern Alabama began generating electricity today atop Bays Mountain in Kingsport.
    Loof Lirpa , spokesman for the Brotherhood of Ornithology Groups of the United States (BOGUS), said ultrasonic whistles attached to the tips of the blades will warn birds away from at least two miles, and should only be audible to babies under the age of two years.

    Now spell the Bold word backwards.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: April's Fools a day early?

    I didn't actually catch the April Fool spelled backward part, but did notice the nickname for the bird group (BOGUS). Also, didn't think you could see Bays Mountain that easily from what looked like Center Street in the photo.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: April's Fools a day early?

    Ha , enough hot air , I thought for a moment I had personally solved the energy crisis. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •